Smart, Sustainable and Simple
Adopting a fabric first philosophy significantly reduces the amount of air that can escape through the fabric of the building which leads to dramatic efficiency savings in the reduced requirement of spacial heating and less energy consumption in general, our fabric first philosophy has several positive effects:
- Reduced energy bills for the building user
- Reduced Carbon Footprint of the building both in occupancy and during construction
- Minimal sustainable technologies due to a significantly reduced spatial heating requirement
- Reduced initial outlay during construction due to minimal additional technology
- Reduced maintenance costs due to the minimal additional technology
Woodhead Living delivers in the region of 300 homes per year through programmes of work, frameworks and competitive tenders. We are rethinking housing by working collaboratively with customers, architects and consultants to build better homes. This means we build to high quality standards such as LifeTime homes and Secure by Design.
Exemplar bespoke sustainable projects
Woodhead Living also delivers other highly sustainable innovative projects up to BREEAM Excellent. This includes the Forestry Commission’s First BREEAM Excellent Project, Hicks Lodge.