Procured through Efficiency East Midlands (EEM), the framework aims to deliver over 100 high quality, energy efficient homes, over a four year period to raise the standards of affordable housing in Bolsover District.
All homes will be designed to meet the Lifetime Homes standard exceeding normal space standards for affordable housing, and will also surpass minimum building regulations for energy efficiency and environmental impact.
To date the first phase of the development has entered completion phase at Rogers Avenue, Creswell. This first site when completed will see a piece of under-utilised land turned into 7 affordable family homes.
- Rogers Avenue – 7 Homes
- Blackwell – 6 Homes
- Fir Close – 8 Homes
- Derwent Drive 12 Homes (Completing Spring 2018)
- Hilltop – 37 Homes (Completing Summer 2018)
Clusters of infill sites have been identified on Pinxton and South Normanton comprising 22 Homes with an anticipated start time of Q1 2018.
For the duration of the project Bolsover District Council will work collaboratively with Woodhead to identify additional under-utilised land across the district that can be transformed into new dwellings to achieve the aspirations of the B@Home Framework. Land has already been identified for year 2, 3 and 4 of the build.
Smaller sites, individually, may not be cost effective to construct. By providing a “batched” solution we can bring forward cost effective solutions such as prelims, bulk procurement and efficiencies by allocating teams of resources to work from site to site to understand client needs, quality parameters and the Partnership ethos. By working closely with local Supply Chain Partners we work together to forward plan resources and provide continuity.
Value for Money: 7.5/10
After-Sales Service: 9/10
“I have been highly delighted by the way your company Woodheads has undertaken the work, the site has been kept spotlessly clean, the workmen and Site Foreman have been courteous and thoughtful all through the project and every consideration possible has been afforded to local residents to minimise the impact on the street’s residents” Local Resident, Fir Close, Shirebrook
- 1,473 Young people engaged to date on the framework.
- Gold National Considerate Constructors Site Award.
- Rogers Avenue achieved a Considerate Constructors Score of 41/50 on the first visit, and 42/50 on the second. Putting Woodhead well above the industry average of 36.
- Delivered Mock CSCS Tests for 6 students to give them a better understanding of Health and Safety on a building site.
- Supported ‘The Bolsover School’ with a mock interview day for over 100 year 10 students.
- 13 Students from The Bolsover School visited Rogers Avenue for a site tour and Careers in Construction Presentation.
- Site visit for 8 local students of a local construction training centre based in Barlborough.
- Woodhead presented a talk on careers in construction at a Year 11 Assembly to over 100 students.
- Held a ‘meet the buyer’ event which saw 49 businesses attend. The event was aimed at offering opportunities to local small to medium sized businesses through the framework.
- Exceeding the framework’s local spend figures, delivered 63% of local spend and local employment within 20 miles of site.